Yelp

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Saturday Part 2

I think it's safe to say that I love food and the act of eating. 4th restaurant post in the 2nd day of starting a site? Yup, think so.

So, tonight my cousins and I went to Venice and were meaning to go to Gjelina's but once we got there realized they were having a private party :( Next choice was a sushi restaurant down the street: WABI-SABI on Abbot Kinney (website: Wabi Sabi Sushi. Ok, so I didn't eat any sushi, but my cousins who did said it was so-so.  So why even write this post, you may be asking. Because this place had THE BEST ASIAN VEGAN SOUP i have ever had, EVER!! It's called the VEGAN MUSHROOM MISO SOUP, warm, cozy, fragrant, and filled with fresh veggies, firm tofu and the most delicious pan-fried rice cake (it gets all moist and soaks up the yummy flavors of the black bean garlic spicy soup broth!) soooooooo good! Even my meat-eating cousins thought it was the best thing we ordered and the best miso soup they'd ever tasted! Here are some pics from my phone:

VEGAN MISO SOUP IN SPICY BLACK BEAN GARLIC SAUCE:










Left: Roasted Beet, Orange & Mache Salad w/ pine nuts and Humboldt Fog goat cheese vinaigrette (SO YUM!)

To Right: Miso Glazed Kobucha (Japanese pumpkin/squash) was so-so, wouldn't order again :(





Also, we got some cocktails, which were strong and yummy! And the vibe in there was cute, fun, and chill.  Will DEF be going back again SOON....even if its just for the VEGAN SOUP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment