Yelp

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Figueroa Produce Market - Highland Park

I was in downtown LA today for some work/school stuff and decided that it would be the perfect time to make that long-overdue trip out to Figueroa Produce in the Highland Park area of LA.  So, it's FAR, really FAR, and it's tucked into this tiny little store in a huge shopping center.

After I finally found it and went in, I saw what a cute, charming little local market this actually was.  I made my rounds through the aisles: fresh produce, lots of vegan/vegetarian options, the famous match meats, jackfruit, non-cheese cheeses, cupcakes, breads, etc.  But I gotta be honest here, as EXCITED as I was to go there and get a vegan sub sandwich and the oh-so-famous jackfruit tamales, I couldn't get around the strong RAW BEEF smell permeating the store.  It really ruined my appetite and the experience for me, unfortunately...


They carry Dr. Cow, Teese, Daiya, and a few more...




I had tried both of these at the Natural Food Expo & was DYING to get my hand on some since!

No comments:

Post a Comment