Yelp

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Middle Eastern Vegan Food!

So tonight we celebrated my parent's anniversary at Sunnin's Lebanese Cafe in Westwood.  The online menu (Sunnin Lebanese Cafe Menu) is different from the menus at the restaurant in that the restaurant ones decipher which menu items are vegan and vegetarian! The food was pretty good...We ordered the mezza platter (vegetarian style, which means they sub the meat choices with veggie ones) which included falafel, hummus, baba ghanoush, grape leaves, and other yummy dough-like things. All were great. I also got a cup of the vegan lentil soup and the fatoush salad. My parents got the chicken kabob and liked that too.

I forgot to take pics but here are some from the website!

Fatoush is one of my favorite salads...Sour and tangy from the sumac! So good! The falafel was crispy and yet creamy on the inside and the hummus was fresh and yummy!

We also ordered one of each dessert....ALL WERE PHENOMENAL!!!! 
Oh and the Lebanese Beer ALMAZA is sooo bomb!!! Kinda tastes like Heineken!

1 comment:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well. healthy breakfast appetizers

    ReplyDelete