Yelp

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Funday....Cafe Muse in Hollywood!

So, since I had one of the toughest school weeks yet this semester, and because one of my best friends is visiting from Israel, I decided to make today a Friday Funday.  "What is that?" you may be wondering. It's exactly as it sounds, a day of FUN.  My girlfriend and I (aiming at the whole two birds/one stone concept) got our cardio by walking from weho to hollywood and then eating some bomb food at Cafe Muse (off of Santa Monica Blvd., few blocks after Highland).  Here's the website:http://www.cafemusela.com/.  It's a cute little cafe with some organic/mostly vegan/vegetarian (they have tuna and cheese) foods.  We tried some of the vegan chili and it WAS BOMB.  Full of beans and I think some soy beef.  Started off with some iced coffees and iced teas.  They have a good menu with lots of options: from veggie sandwiches and mock meat sandwiches, to salads, nachos, wraps and egg dishes (or tofu).  We ended up ordering the Grilled Tofu wrap with Sweet Potato fries on the side. It was a YUMMY asian-style wrap...the tofu was grilled with onions and soy sauce. IT WAS VERY GOOD. My friend said the sweet potato fries were bomb too, and so was the BBQ sauce it came with!

An hr later, my other girlfriend joined us and she ordered the Mexican wrap.  She liked it, although she is a meat-eater and complained that it was "kinda boring."  I think she just said that because she would hate to admit to having actually liked anything vegan. LOL. Anyways, it looked good, crisp and yummy to me! Here are some pics:


My Vegan Grilled Tofu Whole Wheat Wrap:



My Friend's Vegan Mexican Wrap with Whole Wheat:



My vegan-phobic friends also ordered the chocolate chip cookie for dessert and said it was moist and chewy! One complaint is I wish they had home-made vegan sweet treats to choose from (they only had the vegan prepared cookies/cakes) :(

Everything else on the menu looked GREAT and really sparked my interest...I wish I had more of an appetite!  I will DEF be making my way there again, to try some of the other sandwiches and wraps!

PS: They also have live entertainment here at night! And offer wine and beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment