Yelp

Monday, February 28, 2011

FAUX meat can be ....... GOOD???!

So, I have never been a huge faux meat kinda vegetarian, but today's food experience made me eat my words. Bought some Chicken-less Pulled Chicken in BBQ Sauce from Trader Joe's today.  Listen, I don't like fake meat, I usually rather just have veggies and beans and nuts and call it a day, but THIS WAS DAMN GOOD.  Tasted like real down-home bbq, saucy, meat consistency, sweet, tangy (I like it extra tangy so I added some dijon mustard in the cooking process).  Stuck the pulled "chicken" in between a whole wheat toasted bun with a shmear of mustard and a side of homemade broccoli slaw coleslaw and a pickle! It was the BOMB!!!!  Here are some picks of the packaging:

It is made with mostly Wheat Protein, so NO BUENO for those that are doing the GLUTEN FREE thing, sorry :(

It's very healthy: low in calories, fat, sugar, and high in protein and some minerals!

It's really really good, trust me! Give it a shot the next time your at TJ's, just remember to add some mustard (if you like some tang) and/or some red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment